Thursday, July 17, 2014

Lil Slice Of Sweetness Dress ~FREE PATTERN~


Sometimes ideas bounce around in my head for quite a while making a racket before I finally get around to giving them a try and writing out a pattern. This lil idea has been in there for a solid year. Its not a hard dress at all. The materials are easy to find and easy to work with. It doesnt take a lot of time……. I have zero idea what in the world took me so long to make it. I LOVE THIS DRESS!!!!!! There I said it. I love it. Something just makes me grin from ear to er when I see it. The colors, the style, the textures….. simply a fun piece to make. I hope you will give it a try too.
Dont forget to drop on by and say hello over at our facebook group Crochet Supernova :) Come join the fun!
Lets get started :)
MATERIALS:
Worsted weight yarn in Black, Pink, Green and White (I used I Love This Yarn!)
Scissors
Large eye needle for weaving in ends
H hook for the bodice
J hook for the skirt
*some chocolate never hurts either :P
THIS DRESS IS A 3-6 MONTH SIZE but by adding length to the skirt would still fit a larger child …. the chest as is measures 18 inches (its stretchy so give or take) and honestly it could go all the way up to a 21 or 22 ……
With pink and your H hook chain 62
Row 1: hdc in 3rd chain from hook, 2 hdc in next, 1 hdc in next 2 stitches, 2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc in next 2 stitches all the way to last st. 1 hdc in last st. join w black yarn
Row 2: Ch 2. hdc in next st, ch 1, skip 1 st, hdc in next, ch 1 to the last 2 stitches. hdc in last 2 stitches. Join pink again
Row 3: Ch 2. Hdc in next stitch, 2 hdc in the ch 1 space. 1 hdc in next st, 2 hdc in the ch 1 space. continue until the last 2 stitches. hdc in each of the last 2 stitches.
Joining for working in the round……. fold the piece so that the ends line up and work is not twisted. Slip st into the first stitch to join. Ch 1.
Row 4: Sc in next 14 stitches. insert hook into next stitch, skip 29 stitches and insert hook into next st, loop and pull thru both stitches. Sleeve has been made. sc into next 29 stitches, insert hook into next stitch, skip 29 stitches and insert hook into next st, loop and pull thru both stitches. Second sleeve is made. Sc in next 15 stitches. slip st into beginning st.
Row 5: Chain 2. hdc in the next 2 stitches. 2 hdc in the next, hdc in each of the next 3 st, 2 hdc in the next….. and so on until you reach the last stitch. hdc in last stitch. Join white.
Row 6: Ch 2. Hdc in each stitch around. Join green.
Skirt …….
Row 7: Ch 3. dc in next 2 stitches. (2 dc, ch 2. 2 dc) in next st. Dc in next 4 st. (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next st. Dc in next 4 stitches…… all the way around until the last st. dc in last st. slip stitch to top of chain 3.
Row 8: Chain 3. dc in next 2 stitches. Skip 1 st, (2 dc, ch 2, 2dc) in ch 2 space. Skip next st. Dc in next 4 stitches. Skip 1 st, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in ch 2 space. Skip next st. Dc in next 4 stitches…… do this all the way around until last st. Dc in last st. Join with slip stitch to top of chain 3.
Row 9-15: Repeat row 8……
Row 16: Change to white. Repeat row 8. Fasten off…..
******also if you are making this for a larger size simply add more green rows and finish up with the white edging*******
Weave in all ends, sew up back seam.
Finishing neck edge.
With H hook and pink color join in the back of garment right side facing you. Ch 1. Sc in between every 2 Hdc all the way around. slip stitch into first sc.
Working the picot edging:
Chain 4. slip st in 3rd chain from hook. Skip on sc on neck edge. Slip stitch into next. Chain 4. Slip stitch in 3rd chain from hook. Skip 1 sc on neck edge and slip into next…… do this all the way around until you reach the beginning. Slip into first stitch and fasten off. Cut and weave in ends.
Yeah! Get your chocolate and celebrate cuz your Lil Slice Of Sweetness Dress is finished :)
Please join me on my facebook page over at Strings and Things and on my You Tube channel Crochet Supernova…… if you would like to see this dress made into a video tutorial let me know :)
******* PLEASE NOTE: I am not a professional pattern writer. Im just a crafty mama that likes to share some of what works for me with you….. I am sorry in advance if something is incorrect or unclear***********

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is the cutest thing EVER! Thank you so much for sharing your pattern. My little bean is two months old, so it's the perfect time for me to make her this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet . . . Wish I knew how to adapt it to a Toddler size :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much yarn did you use for your pattern please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much yarn did you use, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you suppose to put button on back of dress?

    Thank you
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you suppose to add button on back of dress?

    Thank you

    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you put button on back or leave as is?

    ReplyDelete
  8. In Row 1, do you want us to continue with the 1 Hdc, 2 Hdc pattern? Or just a Hdc after those first nine sts.?

    ReplyDelete
  9. On the Lil Slice of Sweetness dress, I am unclear as to how you want the rows to be competed. Row 1 has a pattern of 1 Hdc, then 2 Hdc etc. Then it says...1 Hdc in next 2 sts ALL THE WAY TO LAST ST. Does this mean 1 Hdc per st to the end, or to repeat the pattern of two and one? Same thing for your other rows, it's not very clear as to what you want. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am having major issues with the stitch count. On round 8 it says to dc over the next 4 stitches but I have 8 what am I doing wrong here cause upon the stitch count I have 140 stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cute dress caught my eye and I was wondering if it could be adapted to fit a 4 year old. Any advise would be lovely. And thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Going to try adding this skirt to bodice for baby. I hope if I count the repeats at beginning of skirt I can figure it out

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember having a pattern for bloomers for this sweet little dress. Can't find it???

    ReplyDelete